Personal information collected by the Australian Packaging Covenant (APC) and the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation Ltd. (APCO) is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles which are set out in the Act. Personal information is information including your name, address and contact details that can be used to identify you.
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide you with a service;
- report to government or other funding bodies how funding is used;
- communicate with you about the work of the APC and the APCO, which we believe may be of interest to you;
- respond to your feedback or complaints; or
- answer your queries.
It may also be used for:
- any other specific purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you; and
- any other directly related purposes.
Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your permission, except:
- where permitted or required under the Privacy Act; or
- where the information was collected for the purpose of addressing your complaint, to the brand owner named by you or identified by the APC or APCO.
You have a right of access to your personal information. If you wish to gain access to your personal information or if you have any enquiries in relation to your privacy or personal information, please contact the APC or the APCO on 02 8381 3706.